France is considered the birthplace of this gambling game. Later, European and American versions of roulette appeared. However, the basic rules of all variations of the game are based on the French original.
The difference from other types in the expanded number of bets. The advantage of the player, as in European roulette, is 97.4%, but the probability of winning depends on the type of bet. If you bet on a certain number, the probability is 2.70%.
French Roulette Rules
The wheel is divided into 37 sectors – numbers from 1 to 36 and the zero sector. This type of roulette usually uses French terminology: red – rouge, black – noir, even – pair, odd – impair, douzaine – dozen, etc.
In addition to the standard bets on number, color or even/odd, over/under, French roulette has:
- Carre – bet on a square of 4 numbers.
- Cheval – the player places a bet on two adjacent slots.
- The Transversal bet includes three numbers in a row.
- Sixainne is two rows of three numbers.
- Colonne – bet on the entire column, which includes 12 digits.
In real clubs, there is a track for oral bets. Its markup suggests several groups:
- Voisins du Zero are the neighbors of sector zero. The bet includes 17 numbers on either side of the zero sector.
- Tier du Cylindre – The tiers of a cylinder. Includes numbers 1/3 of the wheel opposite zero with numbers 27, 13, 36, 11, 30, 8, 23, 10, 5, 24, 16 and 33.
- Orphelins (orphans). A bet on 8 numbers is the remaining 22% of the roulette table after the tiers of the cylinder and the zero neighbors. These are the numbers 17, 34, 6, 1, 20, 14, 31 and 9.
In the event of a zero, the rules of La Partage and En Prison apply. In the first case, the player is compensated for half of the loss amount, in the second case, bets on equal chances are frozen until the next spin.
Play French Roulette in Joker Win for real money and for free
Joker Win online casino provides many types of French roulette from many providers. The player can choose to play in the “Demo” mode – a free test version is launched without creating an account and replenishing the account. You can play for money both in online emulators and with a live croupier in a video conference format.
When registering an online casino, Joker Win gives new players pleasant bonuses – 100% on a deposit and free spins. This will make your stay in a virtual club even more interesting, and the game more profitable.
All types of French roulette at Joker Win casino run on any device with Internet access. Playing on a PC, smartphone or tablet, the user does not experience any difficulties: emulators are developed based on HTML5 technology and automatically adjust to the player’s screen.
What types of French roulette are available at Joker WIN online casino
Our virtual gambling club offers guests several types of roulette: French, European, American. Each type of gambling is represented by several providers. We work only with trusted world-class vendors: EvoPlay, BetSoft, Pragmatic Play, BGaming, etc. Among them, a player can choose an option with interesting types of bets, features and bonus features.
The leading gaming software manufacturer Pragmatic Play has provided Live Roulette with a real dealer. EvoPlay specialists have developed a classic version of French roulette with a nice design, sound and user-friendly interface. All these games are available at Joker Win online casino.